• "200" Mint Mark to celebrate the Bicentenary of the Sovereign
• Limited to just 995 DateStamp™ Sovereigns
• Official one-day-only 1 January 2017 Royal Mail Postmark
• Edition confirmed by your individual Serial Number
Why I recommend the DateStamp™ Bicentenary Sovereign...
2017 is the Bicentenary of the Gold Sovereign. To celebrate, the Royal Mint has added a special “200” Mint Mark to the 2017 Sovereign.
Just 995 of these “200” Mint Mark Sovereigns have been exclusively reserved for the 1 January 2017 Bicentenary DateStamp™ issue.
Previous DateStamp™ Sovereigns have a strong sell-out record – but this year’s unique one-year-only Mint Mark ensures the 2017 will be even more collected than normal.
Why the 2017 Gold Sovereign is the most important Sovereign for 200 years
The Royal Mint’s decision to add a one-year-only Mint Mark to the UK’s Classic Sovereign is unprecedented.
The special one-year-only “200” Mint Mark, engraved below the traditional St. George and the Dragon design, has taken coin collectors by surprise and will add significant numismatic demand.
One of the most limited ways to own the one-off “200” Mint Mark Sovereign
Just 995 Gold Sovereigns – amongst the very first to be struck - have been hand-selected to be encapsulated and preserved in this special one-day-only DateStamp™ issue.
They are preserved forever, alongside the official First Class stamp specially postmarked using Gold Ink on the first day of the 200th anniversary year.
Each “200” Mint Mark DateStamp™ Gold Sovereign is individually numbered with its own exclusive Serial Number, which you can personally register online as belonging to you.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
2017 UK Bicentenary DateStamp Sovereign
(+ £4.99 p&p)
185 R177 0
- Weight: 7.98g
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Metal: 22 Carat Gold
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II by Jody Clark
- Reverse: Pistrucci's George and Dragon
- Postmarking Date: 1st January 2017
- Edition limit: 995
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- DateStamp(TM) is a trademark of 288 Group Ltd
(+ £4.99 p&p)