• Famous error coin featuring a double struck obverse – resulting in a doubling up of Lady Liberty’s lips, chin and nose
• Struck in 1888, this Classic coin is over 125 years old
• Exceptionally rare – only 1 in 5 Morgan Dollars struck survive today
• Supplied in tamper-proof capsule
Why I recommend The Morgan Dollar ‘Hot Lips’ Error Coin…
Quite simply, this coin shouldn't exist - something collectors love.
It's so rare that it has been known to create fierce competition amongst collectors trying to snap them up when they become available.
Struck out of the New Orleans Mint in 1888, it wasn’t discovered until the 1960s but soon became one of the most famous coin errors in the world, but trying to find one is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Trying to find one is nearly impossible because millions were melted down. In fact, less than 1 in 5 Morgan Dollars struck survive today.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
N.B. Numismatic pieces should be owned primarily for collector interest. Coin Portfolio Management does not offer them as an investment and makes no guarantees in terms of future value.
US 1888 Silver 'Hot Lips' Morgan Dollar Error
(+ £4.99 p&p)
185 P654 0
- Diameter: 38.10mm
- Weight: 26.73g
- Metal: 900 Silver
- Year of Issue: 1888
- Obverse: Lady Liberty with "Hot Lips" error
- Reverse: Heraldic Eagle
- Country of Issue: United States of America
(+ £4.99 p&p)