• A surprisingly affordable original silver coin from the old Wild West of America
• One of the most popular collecting areas in the US
• Less than 1 in every 5 Morgan Dollars struck survive today
• A Classic coin and one that is rarely seen on these shores
Why I recommend the Silver Morgan Dollar…
Struck in the time of cowboys, outlaws and the frontier, the Morgan Dollar represents the history of “old” America.
But millions upon millions of Morgan Dollars were melted down. In 1918, over half in circulation were recalled and melted down by the US government. Then again in the 1960s and 70s as opportunists sought to make a quick buck by turning coins into silver bullion.
Less than 1 of every 5 Morgan Dollars struck is believed to survive today and American collectors love them, so relatively few make it to the UK. Don’t miss your chance.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
N.B. Numismatic pieces should be owned primarily for collector interest. Coin Portfolio Management does not offer them as an investment and makes no guarantees in terms of future value.
US Silver Morgan Dollar
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 871R 0
- Years of Issue 1878-1904, 1921
- Diameter 38.10mm
- Weight 26.73g
- Metal 900/1000 Silver
- Obverse Liberty (George T Morgan)
- Reverse Eagle (George T Morgan)
- Country of Issue United States
(+ £3.99 p&p)