2017 is the Bicentenary of the Gold Sovereign. To celebrate, The Royal Mint has taken the unprecedented decision to add a one-year-only “200” Mint Mark to the 2017 Sovereign.
As a result, collectors around the world are already rushing to own what many consider to be the most important Gold Sovereign for 200 years.
The special one-year-only “200” Mint Mark, engraved below the traditional St. George and the Dragon design, has taken coin collectors by surprise and will add significant numismatic demand to existing investor interest.
22 Carat Gold. Special Tax Status
Of course, collectors also enjoy all the usual benefits of owning a UK Gold Sovereign, including its guaranteed 22 Carat Gold content and special tax status, which means you pay no VAT and no Capital Gains Tax.
Given the significance of the 2017 Bicentenary, there cannot be a better time to own a Sovereign.
5 Reasons why you should own the NEW 2017 Gold Sovereign
- The Bicentenary Sovereign – marking 200 years of Britain’s flagship coin.
- Unique one-year-only “200” Mint Mark – the first time The Royal Mint has ever altered the classic Sovereign in this way.
- Struck from solid 22 Carat Gold, ensuring lasting value.
- Special tax status – No VAT and no Capital Gains Tax.
- Now just £269, including your exclusive Bicentenary Presentation Pack.
2017 United Kingdom Gold Sovereign
(+ £4.99 p&p)
185 217K 0
- Year of Issue: 2017
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Metal: 22 Carat Gold
- Weight: 7.98g
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Reverse: St George & the Dragon
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
- Finish: Bullion
(+ £4.99 p&p)